|Job Title:||F35 Flight Test Engineer|
|Location:||Edwards AFB, CA|
This opportunity supports the F35 program located at Edwards Air Force Base as a part of the J-Tech II contract, a 15 year service
contract that started July 2018.
The support will be in the functions of Advanced Applications, Core Avionics, Data Fusion, Systems Engineering, Test Integration,
Low Observable (LO) Systems Evaluations, Survivability Evaluation, Communication, Computers and Intelligence (C4I), Sensors Integration,
Radar Systems, Weapons Integration and System Effectiveness Evaluation. A thorough demonstrated understanding of red and blue weapons
systems, both ground and airborne and the ability to ascertain their impact to the System Under Test (SUT) is expected.
- Review and evaluate test requirements from customers to help assess and plan for project funding, scheduling, and asset requirements.
- Provide inputs to Test Concept Documents to forecast staffing and schedule required.
- Support Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) development by proposing and documenting specific test approaches and resource requirements in the Electronic Warfare (EW) areas. Specifically this requires identifying appropriate program level test objectives and crafting an overall plan to apply the appropriate test facilities and resources necessary to successfully prosecute the program.
- Provide detailed inputs for engineering level procedures to meet test objectives. This includes documenting the detailed rationale and procedures necessary for the aircrew and EW test range or facility personnel to successfully execute the test.
- Participate in the development of unique test processes and equipment for the conduct of Low Observable or Survivability system(s) ground flight tests.
- Participate in the development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) tools to support pre-test planning and test methodology development.
- Assist in the generation of approved test cards and work with unit operations personnel to plan test missions.
- Participate in test execution as required and participate in the implementation of test unique processes.
- Participate in mission target data analysis to assess target and SUT performance and overall accomplishment of LO or Survivability system objectives.
The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance and specific Special Access Required (SAR) and/or Sensitive
Compartmentalized Information (SCI) clearances is required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Master of Science in Engineering from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET) accredited academic institution
and 16 years of related engineering experience or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering with at least 12 years of related
Experience with the Federal Acquisition process, Service Contract Act (SCA) and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is highly desirable
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience managing a project's fiscal status (Profit & Loss), reporting its financial status to senior leadership, briefing customer and company senior leadership considered a plus.
- Experience in flight test ancillary facilities and open air ranges is considered a plus
- Flight Research and/or D/OT&E publications
- Experience managing a project fiscal management (P&L), reporting financial status to senior leadership, briefing customer and company senior leadership considered a plus.
- A entrepreneurial drive to grow and develop their own program/division.
Must be a U.S. citizen and hold or be able to obtain a security clearance.
Must pass a background check and drug test.
Please e-mail your resume to apply for this position. Please reference the job number on the subject line of your email with
attachments as either a Word Doc or PDF file only, all others files will not be opened.
No Phone Calls Please
Spiral is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Site Map |