|Job Title:||Software Engineer|
|Location:||Benefield Anechoic Facility, Edwards AFB|
This is a fully funded direct labor position on the JTECH II contract, a 15 year contract that started
July of 2018, supporting the Warfighter at the Benefield Anechoic Facility (BAF) located on Edwards Air
The successful candidate will perform as a lead on more complex engineering assignments.
Perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design,
manufacturing, testing, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse electronic/mechanical
equipment and systems.
Perform generally as a lead of a design, analysis, or review team on more complex engineering assignments.
This work will be performed side-by-side with contract teammates at the customer's location.
The ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
Familiarity with product development lifecycle
- Technical briefings
- Vender sourcing
- Labor and material budget
- Project timeline estimation
- Defining requirements
- Risk analysis
- Project status reporting
- Preliminary Design Review (PDR)
- Critical Design Review (CDR)
- Acceptance Test Plans (ATP)
- User manuals/technical documentation
- Scalable development/mass production
Developing custom or modifying existing software to control various pieces of test equipment.
MS Computer Science, Engineering (Electrical, Aerospace, or Mechanical), Mathematics, or Physics with 3 year of experience.
BS in Computer Science, Engineering (Electrical, Aerospace, or Mechanical), Mathematics, or Physics with 5 years of experience.
- Proactive, independent work ethic
- Expertese in developing test equipment control and data gathering software in LabVIEW
- Designing electronic component assemblies and performing analysis in SOLIDWORKS
- Developing electrical wiring diagrams in AUTOCAD
- Developing prototype assemblies using 3D printers.
- Strong familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) test equipment like spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters, precision network analyzers, pulse analyzers, and waveform generators.
- Strong familiarity with RF components like RF adapter and connectors, switches, attenuators, amplifiers, RF filters, modulators, couplers, cabling, and waveguide.
- Familiarity performing RF link budget analysis.
- System level and board level debugging/analysis.
- Familiarity with test equipment calibration standards and applying to real world testing/design.
- Active security clearance or completed security clearance background investigation within last 5 years.
- Experience participating in either Development Test & Evaluation (DT&E) or Operational Test & Evaluation (OT&E) programs.
- Prior Electronic Warfare (EW) experience a plus.
- Military experience.
Must be a US Citizen and hold or be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Must be a U.S. citizen and hold or be able to obtain a security clearance.
Must pass a background check and drug test.
Please e-mail your resume to apply for this position. Please reference the job number on the subject line of your email with
attachments as either a Word Doc or PDF file only, all others files will not be opened.
No Phone Calls Please
Spiral is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Site Map |