|Job Title:||Senior Engineer|
|Location:||Edwards AFB, CA|
Performs a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, design, development, manufacturing,
testing, installation, integration, sustainment, operation, and maintenance of diverse software, electronic, and/or
mechanical equipment and systems.
Performs generally as a lead of a development, sustainment, or operations & maintenance team on more complex
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Independently performs a range of design, development, analysis, or review tasks under generally established project deadlines.
- Completes design specifications, analyses, or design reviews for complex projects.
- Generates complete design specifications for more complex projects.
- Coordinates and works closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Verifies and complies with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Prepares, delivers, and submits technical papers and performs engineering studies.
- Supports development of technical proposals and provides comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Develops, maintains, and produces technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Directs interface with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities; acts as liaison for design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conducts site visits and experimental investigations and analyzes engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives, and provides recommendations.
Must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 4 years of related
engineering experience,or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 2 years of related engineering
experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering.
Must have mastery of concepts, principles, and practices of engineering that enables the employee to serve as a technical
authority on projects relating to the specific programs.
The position requires knowledge and skill sufficient to apply the latest developments in engineering to solve problems
in the specialty area along with excellent communication and analytical skills.
Must have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools and possess planning/organizing skills.
The position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
Must have a valid, current state driver's license. Must qualify for and maintain a Security Clearance. DESIRED: Secret
clearance (TS clearance or previous SAP clearance preferred). U.S. Citizenship is required.
- System level AutoCAD design and drafting experience.
- Familiarity with the use of common aerospace electrical hardware.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical design and installation drawings. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with provided direction.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills Aircraft experience (B-52 and/or B-1 preferred).
- Aircraft mod experience -- private sector or military (T-2 Mod preferred).
- Flight test operations experience.
- Experience with Networking TCP/IP systems, RF/telemetry systems, and hardware programming experience.
Must be a U.S. citizen and hold or be able to obtain a security clearance.
Must pass a background check and drug test.
Please e-mail your resume to apply for this position. Please reference the job number on the subject line of your email with
attachments as either a Word Doc or PDF file only, all others files will not be opened.
No Phone Calls Please
Spiral is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Site Map |