|Job Title:||Conditioning Chambers Tech I|
|Location:||Yuma AZ, Yuma Proving Grounds|
Assists in a variety of duties associated with providing temperature-conditioned ammunition for developmental and operational testing,
as well as for training events. Assists with operating environmental conditioning chambers to simulate temperature
conditions required for testing. Supports transporting ammunition from ammunition plants or storage areas to conditioning
chambers located adjacent to gun positions, positioned throughout YPG ranges. Manually loads ammunition of varying sizes into
conditioning chambers and assists in delivering rounds from the chamber to the gun position as required by the Test Officer and test.
Also assists with operational checks of chamber operations to ensure environmental conditions meet the test requirement and
maintaining accurate accountability of ammunition and ammunition expenditures. Assists in relocating conditioning chambers to
various locations on the Kofa and Cibola firing ranges and dispensing liquid carbon dioxide (CO2) from mobile tankers to deployed
conditioning chambers. Cross-trains to support other mission areas in the Ammunition Group. Provides good customer service. Works
day or night shift on a rotating basis, as needed to support testing. Performs other duties as assigned to complete the assigned
mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Essential Functions/Duties/Physical Requirements/Job Requirements:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
- Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
- Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
- Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
- Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
- Must use "down-time" effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
- Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
- Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
- Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
- Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
- Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Must be able to work all shifts on a rotating basis, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
Job Skills Requirements:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Class A commercial driver's license with a Hazmat endorsement and maintain CDL for the duration of employment in the section.
- Must obtain a CDL tanker endorsement within 45 days.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arms, Ammunition, & Explosives clearance.
- Must be willing and able to perform the work necessary to manually load ammunition into conditioning chambers.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Experience operating environmental conditioning equipment of similar complexity.
- Knowledge or background in ammunition related field.
- Basic electrical or HVAC experience.
- Forklift operations experience.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Outlook and the Internet.
Must be a U.S. citizen or Naturalized citizen of the United States and hold or be able to obtain a security clearance.
Must pass a background check and drug test.
Please e-mail your resume to apply for this position. Please reference the job number on the subject line of your email with
attachments as either a Word Doc or PDF file only, all others files will not be opened.
No Phone Calls Please
Spiral is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Site Map |