|Job Title:||Performance and Flying Qualities - Senior Engineer|
|Location:||Benefield Anechoic Facility, Edwards AFB, CA|
Performs as a lead on more complex engineering assignments.
Performs a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, design, development,
manufacturing, testing, installation, integration, sustainment, operation and maintenance of diverse software, electronic,
and/or mechanical equipment and systems.
Performs generally as a lead of a development, sustainment, or operations and maintenance team on more complex engineering assignments.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Independently performs a range of design, development, analysis, or review tasks under generally established project deadlines.
- Completes design specifications, analyses, or design reviews for complex projects.
- Generates complete design specifications for more complex projects.
- Coordinates and works closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Verifies and complies with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Prepares, delivers and submits technical papers and performs engineering studies.
- Supports development of technical proposals and provides comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Develops, maintains and produces technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Directs interface with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities; acts as liaison for design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conducts site visits and experimental investigations and analyzes engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives, and provides recommendations.
- Performs other position-related duties and assignments as directed.
Must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 8 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 6 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering.
Candidate must have mastery of concepts, principles, and practices of engineering that enables the employee to serve as a technical authority on projects relating to the specific programs.
The position requires knowledge and skill sufficient to apply the latest developments in engineering to solve problems in the specialty area along with excellent communication and analytical skills.
Candidate must have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools and possess planning/organizing skills. The position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
Candidate must possess a valid, state issued driver's license.
Experience in flight vehicle performance, stability and control and flight test planning, preparation and execution.
This experience should include test plan development, real-time control room monitoring, post test data analysis, authoring test plans and formal test reports.
- Key Components - Develop test plans and requirements for flying qualities and performance flight testing. Support flight test preparation by calculating vehicle performance and handling qualities predictions and limitations.
- Be a member of flight test team, including supporting real-time monitoring in the control room during flight test for performance and flying qualities.
- Conduct post flight data analysis and provide updates as necessary to improve vehicle performance or handling.
- Develop standardized analysis and reporting tools.
- Document test data and results through informal and formal test reports.
- Control Room experience, test plan development and data analysis experience are highly desired.
- Experience in the use of MATLAB and IADS a strong plus.
- Ability to successfully complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be a US or Naturalized Citizen with an ACTIVE TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
Must be a U.S. citizen or Naturalized citizen of the United States and hold or be able to obtain a security clearance.
Must pass a background check and drug test.
Please e-mail your resume to apply for this position. Please reference the job number on the subject line of your email with
attachments as either a Word Doc or PDF file only, all others files will not be opened.
No Phone Calls Please
Spiral is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Site Map |