|Job Title:||Engineering Technician|
|Location:||Edwards Air Force Base - Benefield Anechoic Facility|
This position is a part of the 15-year JTECH-II service contract awarded in July 2018 and supports the RF
Hardware Systems Element at the Benefield Anechoic Facility (BAF) at Edwards Air Force Base (AFB). Spiral
Technology, Incorporated is seeking a proactive, service-oriented technician to join a high-performance team
dedicated to maintaining our military's supremacy of the skies.
Primary role will be supporting the Simulation hardware element. The candidate will be responsible for the
configuration, operation and maintenance of Radio Frequency (RF) test equipment, Automated Measurement System
(AMS) and the Combat Electromagnetic Environment Simulator (CEESIM) within the anechoic chamber for Electronic
Warfare (EW) test purposes. Duties consist of use and operation of devices such as antennas, signal generators,
cables, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, performance network analyzers (PNAs), power meters, low noise
amplifiers, and other unique pieces of equipment commonly encountered in the operating environment. The candidate
will also collect test data, modify and input results into Excel spreadsheets, present findings, investigate
anomalous results, create and edit documentation in Word, PowerPoint and Excel and perform other miscellaneous
tasks. The candidate may be required to construct or modify circuits using components such as resistors, diodes,
and capacitors, requiring the ability to solder to printed circuit boards (PCB) and read schematics. The
candidate will be expected to complete tasks in a timely manner and under minimum supervision after being
sufficiently trained. This position requires frequent lifting, carrying, or pushing of equipment sometimes up
to 50 lbs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum High School graduate and additional higher level training or coursework obtained from an accredited
institution in a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) specialty, or prior military service with
experience in a similar field that equates to at least 2 years demonstrated experience and prepares an individual
to handle and adapt to the complexity of RF testing challenges.
- Have a positive, customer-focused mentality and strong work ethic.
- Be vigilant to uphold a culture of protecting National security and adherence to safe work practices.
- Able to demonstrate a capacity to logically solve technical challenges of varying complexity and effectively communicate
suggestions and solutions in written and verbal form.
- Moderate experience with MS Office applications, mainly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity of using email in a professional setting and using a Share drive to access and manipulate documentation.
- Be driven and able to improve one's professional and technical knowledge and skillsets.
- Must be able to maintain a clean, orderly work environment, including desk and other common workspaces.
- Able to work 8-hour shifts typically starting at 8am, though earlier/later hours will occasionally be required.
- A strong candidate will possess a working knowledge of electronic fundamentals with a technical support background,
preferably utilizing Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, and other test
- Desire to grow into a leadership role is preferred but not required.
- COMPTIA Security+ Certification.
- Possess an active DoD Secret Security clearance.
Must be a U.S. citizen or Naturalized citizen of the United States and hold or be able to obtain a
security clearance. Must pass a background check and drug test. If hired, applicant understands that
pre-employment includes verification of Covid-19 Vaccination status (medical/religious exemptions may apply).
Please e-mail your resume to apply for this position. Please reference the job number on the subject line of your email with
attachments as either a Word Doc or PDF file only, all others files will not be opened.
No Phone Calls Please
Spiral is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Site Map |