|Job Title:||Payroll Clerk / Data Entry / HR Assistant|
|Salary Range DoE:||$23 - $29 per hour|
Spiral Technology, Inc. is seeking an Administrative Assistant with Four (4) years of Payroll/Accounting experience.
This position is Non-Exempt and will support 28 hours a week Monday-Thursday (9AM-4:30PM); located at our Lancaster, CA business office.
The position has the possibility growing to a Full Time position with our full benefits package.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 year Payroll experience.
- Some college accounting courses preferred, HS Diploma a must.
- An Associate's Degree is a plus.
- Working knowledge of payroll processing through third party website.
- Functional understanding of payroll related GL accounts.
- Experience with month end reconciliations of payroll related accounts.
- Clear attention to details.
- Solid proficiency in Excel.
- Comprehensive use of the English language in oral and written form.
- Exposure to accounting processes is a plus.
- HR experience is a plus.
- Experience with Paylocity software systems is a plus.
- Experience with DELTEK Costpoint® cost accounting software and "Time and Expenses" software is a plus.
- Must pass background screening and periodic drug testing.
- Detailed review and scrutinizing of customer provided labor files.
- Cross check timecards for accuracy against customer reporting and standard business structure.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner to verify and/or correct reporting as necessary.
- Assist managers in processing timecards appropriately within contract structures.
- Assist on and off-site employees in providing accurate record keeping for work provided.
- Process verified and approved timecards in time keeping and accounting software systems.
- Maintain, track and update "cross utilization" and "upcharge" information provided by customer.
- Records changes affecting net wages, such as exemptions, insurance coverage and loan payments for each employee, to update master payroll records.
- Update and maintain accurate pay information for proper accounting and payroll processing.
- Create, validate and save all appropriate payroll reporting from accounting software program.
- Accurately maintain and process leave accruals dependent on contract and standard business specifications.
- Monitors computer reports alerting appropriate personnel to problems or errors, troubleshoots and reconciles errors and maintains payroll records.
- Provide accurate revenue information, based on processed timecards, to accounting department.
- Running accounting software processes and providing reports for management distribution.
- Maintaining and processing accurate Accounts Payable data entry, inclusive of posting.
- Weekly processing and release of company payments to vendors utilizing multiple banks and payment methods, under the direct advisement of the Controller.
- Process employee payroll in web based vendor payroll software program.
- Understands local wage and hour policies, Federal, State and employment tax laws; and performs action necessary to determine pay and deductions including Federal and State taxes, insurance, retirement, union dues and other deductions.
- Create, validate and save all appropriate payroll reporting from vendor payroll software program.
- Verify Union Dues and provide proper reporting via vendor payroll software to the Director of Business Administration.
- Calculate and process payroll, 401(k) and Pension payment vouchers in accounting system.
As Needed Functions:
- Provide accurate Spiral reconciliations for all payroll and accrual accounts;
- Work with the Controller to correct any payroll and/or accrual related errors, as needed.
- Run hours reporting and provide to Controller.
- Track hours reporting for up charged employees, for position promotion as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Provide hours worked reports based on periodicity requested to Program Managers, B0D, etc.
- Review for accuracy and process employee benefits invoicing;
- Work with the Controller, Director of Business Administration and Broker, as needed for corrections.
Secondary functions, as work load allows:
- Process employee reimbursements in vendor web based payroll software.
- Maintain and accurately update all employee information in both accounting and payroll software programs. Includes but is not limited to salary, benefits, tax status, 401(k) Loans, Garnishments etc.
- Full set-up of new hires in accounting, electronic timecard and payroll software programs.
- Complete process of terminations in accounting, timecard and payroll software programs.
- Reviews and verifies W-2 forms for employees at the end of each calendar year.
- Responsible for running and reconciling payroll and Costpoint® for year-end closing.
- Back up for Spiral Inter-Company related billing.
- Back up for HR In-Processing of new hires and filing.
- Back up for Contract Billing.
Must be a U.S. citizen or Naturalized citizen of the United States and hold or be able to obtain a
security clearance. Must pass a background check and drug test.
Please e-mail your resume to apply for this position. Please reference the job number on the subject line of your email with
attachments as either a Word Doc or PDF file only, all others files will not be opened.
No Phone Calls Please
Spiral is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Site Map |