|Edwards AFB, CA
|Salary Range DoE:
|$70,000 - $107,000
Our team is seeking a skilled and experienced Computer Engineer who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
As a Computer Engineer, you will be multi-faceted and will directly influence our business's technological advancements.
Key responsibilities include collaborating with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement RF
software solutions. You will play a critical role in formulating innovative ideas and implementing these into our
product offerings. In addition, you will conduct comprehensive performance analysis, testing, and troubleshooting of
RF systems and software.
You will also be responsible for handling and operating various RF test equipment and instrumentation, ensuring they
are used appropriately and maintained correctly. This will involve developing software interfaces and procedures for
instruments, optimizing their use, and providing troubleshooting and maintenance support as required.
Test operations will be executed in a control room environment, requiring you to work in close collaboration with
customers, government engineers, and teammates. Your ability to communicate effectively, handle complex instrumentation,
and adapt to changing situations will be vital in this setting.
In collaboration with hardware engineers and technicians, you will integrate software and hardware components,
ensuring seamless operation and optimal performance of CEESIM systems. This critical work will involve solving complex
technical challenges and will require a high level of problem-solving capability.
As a source of technical expertise, you will be expected to support cross-functional teams, including RF Engineers,
Hardware Engineers, and Systems Analysts. This will require excellent technical communication skills and the ability to
translate complex information into understandable concepts for various customers and non-technical personnel.
Lastly, you will conduct regular calibrations of RF and CEESIM related equipment as part of routine maintenance and
preparation for testing procedures. Attention to detail, mastery over RF instrumentation, and adherence to safety
protocols are vital in this aspect of the role.
- Solid understanding of RF principles, communication systems, and RF signal propagation.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C, C++, or Python, with experience in developing RF software applications.
- Knowledge of RF measurement techniques and equipment, including spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to analyze and debug complex RF issues.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work in a team-oriented environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop RF software solutions, including signal processing
algorithms, modulation/demodulation techniques, and RF system simulation tools.
- Develop software interfaces for RF hardware components such as antennas, amplifiers, filters, transceivers, and RF test equipment.
- Conduct performance analysis, testing, and troubleshooting of RF systems and software, ensuring compliance with industry
standards and specifications.
- Run test operations in control room environment with customers, government engineers, and teammates.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers and technicians to integrate software and hardware components, ensuring seamless
operation and optimal performance of RF systems.
- Provide technical expertise and support to cross-functional teams, including RF Engineers, Hardware Engineers, and Systems Analysts.
- Conduct calibrations of RF and CEESIM related equipment as part of routine maintenance and test preparations.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field with a strong
focus on RF technology. Alternatively, associate degree in engineering or other technical discipline or formal
academic/vocational/military training and a minimum of 10 years' experience in the specialty field.
- Familiarity with software tools, such as MATLAB, Simulink, LABVIEW, or VEE for system modeling, analysis, and control.
- Knowledge of CEESIM, DIADS, or other combat simulation software is a plus.
- Prior experience with Linux/RedHat systems.
- Demonstrated experience designing with SolidWorks/AutoCAD.
Must be a U.S. citizen or Naturalized citizen of the United States and hold or be able to obtain a
security clearance. Must pass a background check and drug test.
Please e-mail your resume to apply for this position. Please reference the job number on the subject line of your email with
attachments as either a Word Doc or PDF file only, all others files will not be opened.
No Phone Calls Please
Spiral is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Site Map |