|Job Title:||Project Engineer|
|Location:||Edwards AFB, CA|
A mid-level developmental test & evaluation Project Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Perform as a Project Engineer on USAF or Foreign Military Sales F-16 programs.
Leads the engineering team and is the overall technical focal point for day-to-day technical requirements during planning, execution, analysis and
reporting of assigned project.
Performs a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, design, development, manufacturing, testing, installation,
integration, sustainment, operation and maintenance of diverse software, electronic and/or mechanical equipment and systems.
Leadership experience desirable. Position requires pro-activeness, energetic, positive attitude individual with excellent communication skills.
- Provide inputs on required documentation from System Program Office (SPO), contractors to initiate test planning.
- Provide technical insight at test integrated product team (TIPT) and program management reviews (PMR) meetings.
- Provide inputs to Program Manager (PM) and engineering section leads for program planning documents (C&RE, SOC, etc).
- Prepare and coordinate Developmental Test (DT) test plans as primary author. Works with Discipline Engineer (DE) authors and leads to ensure the types of testing and level of analysis are consistent with the project reporting requirements.
- Facilitates test plan technical review process, including test plan working groups (TPWG), internal reviews, and Technical Review Board (TRB).
- Coordinates test cards with DEs, pilots, Flight Test Engineers (FTEs), and contractors (as required).
- Establishes test point priorities, defines missions, and assigns cards to missions. Understands and identifies engineering, range or other resources required. Designs or modifies mission decks to optimize resources/priorities.
- Responsible for adherence to safety, security, test planning and test reporting processes and instructions. Ensures technical and safety adequacy.
- Continually assesses test point priorities and provides inputs to FTE. Coordinates aircraft configuration, local range assets, and schedule changes with FTE and PM.
- Oversees DE test card/test point status updates. PE tracks overall program test point status and progress and provides updates PM, CTF engineering leadership, and SPO (as requested).
- Reviews and approves watch items (WIT) and deficiency reports (DR). Manages WIT database and assesses WIT impact to test project(s). Leads technical discussions of WIT/DR reviews with SPOs.
- Mission Control Room (MCR) desirable.
Analysis / Reporting:
- Oversee detailed data analysis process. Ensures all Developmental Test (DT) data is obtained and analyzed, test point statuses are updated, and WITs are written in timely manner.
- Establish and coordinate a report writing and coordination schedule.
- Authors test reports. Organizes DE and pilot inputs, rewrites, edits, and supplements all inputs received. Coordinates changes with DEs, pilots, and CTF and TW/EN/EW leads and technical experts.
- Briefs (w/pilot) DT results to 416 FLTS Commander, OG/CC, TW/CC, and customers (as required).
Successful candidate must have a BS in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 8 years of related engineering experience or
have an accredited MS in Engineering with 6 years of related engineering experience or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering with at
least 4 years of related engineering experience.
Must be a U.S. citizen or Naturalized citizen of the United States and hold or be able to obtain a
security clearance. Must pass a background check and drug test. If hired, applicant understands that
pre-employment includes verification of Covid-19 Vaccination status (medical/religious exemptions may apply).
Please e-mail your resume to apply for this position. Please reference the job number on the subject line of your email with
attachments as either a Word Doc or PDF file only, all others files will not be opened.
No Phone Calls Please
Spiral is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Site Map |